Low lift truck / pallet truck training, the main objective of this course is to give employees a general understanding of how to safely and efficiently operate a Low Lift Truck / Hand Truck. Participants will be shown how to identify specific health and safety hazards associated with the operation of a Low Industrial Pallet Truck. This certification course is customized for workplace illiteracy, reduces hand truck training by 50%
As always we encourage our training to be done during working hours utilizing your equipment. This way you are ensured that all your operators are competent and maintain the highest health and safety standards.
This is a two segment course, classroom theory and then practical evaluation.
- Review legislation and fines \ penalties related to the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Outline the responsibilities of the Owner, Employer, Supervisors, and Workers.
- Consequences of unsafe driving of a Low Industrial Lift Truck; Legal,
- Moral, Ethical, Social and Psychological.
- Review the classifications of Industrial Pallets and highlight differences.
- Pre-shift Inspections
- Stability triangle \ trapezoid
- Centre of Gravity of the load & Centre of Gravity of the truck
- Capacity of Low Industrial Pallets, capacity plates (reading & understanding.)
- Specific hazards & controls when driving a Low Industrial Lift Truck.
- List specific driving rules catered to your work environment for the use of Low Industrial Pallets.
- Options available to a driver who is asked to perform unsafe work, or an unsafe act.
- Group discussion on experiences of actual incidents or close calls.
- How to respond to an emergency situation involving an Low Industrial Lift Truck
- Learner Verification and review. 34 question, True & False format.
Theory training takes approximately two hours.
We can schedule whatever day, night or weekend is convenient for you.
Hand Truck Pallet Operator Evaluation
All drivers must have successfully completed the safe and efficient operation of a pallet truck in order to proceed to the evaluation. Every driver of a Low Industrial Lift Truck will be tested in how to safely and efficiently use their equipment. Whenever possible, this will be done during production hours.(This will allow for an evaluation under the conditions drivers will be required to operate the machinery in). Upon successful completion of the program, participants will be “Certified” as a Low Industrial Pallet Truck Driver.
- Each driver completes a Pre-shift inspection.
- Observed Picking up a load
- Forks at correct height * proper tilt for type of load
- Smooth stopping * looks before baking up
- Forks level before entering * stops at all blind corners
- Load is centered * proceeds with load at safe height
- Load is stable enough for lifting and transporting * proceeds at safe speed
- Load all way to heel of forks * how to deal with obstructed view
- Observed stacking a load
- Approach with load down * levels load before putting in place
- Looks behind before backing out * gently places
- Raising load * insures all people are at a safe distance
- Smooth operation * aware of rear end swing
- Parking * forks flat * tilt forward * parking brake on
The average time to complete a “driver evaluation” is one-half hour, for experienced drivers. It is suggested that “new” drivers be instructed for a minimum of four hours prior to being evaluated.
Other Ways Our Clients Refer To A Pallet Truck Or Low Lift Truck Include The Following:
- Rider low lift truck
- Walkie low lift truck
- Wakie training
- Electric pallet truck certification
- Hand Truck
All Access Safety Training also offers Lift Truck Training Certification as well.Scissor Lift / Certified Manlift Training